Volunteers wanted to help north Cumbrian carers
Last updated at 16:55, Friday, 16 September 2011
A charity which works to support carers is seeking volunteers in Longtown and Brampton.
Carlisle Carers provides practical and personal support for unpaid carers.
The charity, which operates across the county, is looking for volunteers to help support some carers in the Longtown and Brampton area.
Nia-maria Quinlan, volunteer co-ordinator for the charity said: “Our volunteer project is invaluable in providing carers with respite breaks, practical support including lifts to appointments and personal support, such as counselling or a friendly face to pop in for a chat.
“At present we are lucky to have some volunteers from Carlisle but we have a few carers in both Longtown and Brampton who would really benefit from volunteer support with respite sitting or driving.”
If you can help visit www.carlislecarers.co.uk or call 01228 542156.
First published at 14:05, Friday, 16 September 2011
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)