Volunteers wanted to help north Cumbrian carers
Last updated at 16:55, Friday, 16 September 2011
A charity which works to support carers is seeking volunteers in Longtown and Brampton.
Carlisle Carers provides practical and personal support for unpaid carers.
The charity, which operates across the county, is looking for volunteers to help support some carers in the Longtown and Brampton area.
Nia-maria Quinlan, volunteer co-ordinator for the charity said: “Our volunteer project is invaluable in providing carers with respite breaks, practical support including lifts to appointments and personal support, such as counselling or a friendly face to pop in for a chat.
“At present we are lucky to have some volunteers from Carlisle but we have a few carers in both Longtown and Brampton who would really benefit from volunteer support with respite sitting or driving.”
If you can help visit www.carlislecarers.co.uk or call 01228 542156.
First published at 14:05, Friday, 16 September 2011
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- St Bees School governors had secret talks with developer
- Ex-champion Cumbrian angler was £45,000 benefits cheat
- Air show drama after Red Devils' parachute collapse
- 'Bored' pensioner performed sex act outside teenage girl's bedroom window
- Strike called off after Tata bosses make new pensions offer
- Cumbrian farmer faces selling up after turbine plan rejected
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- The Cumberland Show 2015: In pictures (2 comments)
- Ten questions Carlisle Utd supporters want answered (59 comments)
- Tributes flood in for murdered Carlisle schoolboy Jordan Watson (50 comments)