Volunteers wanted to help north Cumbrian carers
Last updated at 16:55, Friday, 16 September 2011
A charity which works to support carers is seeking volunteers in Longtown and Brampton.
Carlisle Carers provides practical and personal support for unpaid carers.
The charity, which operates across the county, is looking for volunteers to help support some carers in the Longtown and Brampton area.
Nia-maria Quinlan, volunteer co-ordinator for the charity said: “Our volunteer project is invaluable in providing carers with respite breaks, practical support including lifts to appointments and personal support, such as counselling or a friendly face to pop in for a chat.
“At present we are lucky to have some volunteers from Carlisle but we have a few carers in both Longtown and Brampton who would really benefit from volunteer support with respite sitting or driving.”
If you can help visit www.carlislecarers.co.uk or call 01228 542156.
First published at 14:05, Friday, 16 September 2011
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Yobs slaughter animals in sick allotment attack (38 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)