Man charged after mini-bus crash in Carlisle
Last updated at 15:08, Friday, 24 February 2012
A man has been charged with drink-driving after a minibus carrying 11 passengers crashed through a garden wall on a busy Carlisle road.
Suk Punmagar, 55, of Delagoa Street, near London Road, is due to appear before city magistrates on March 6.
It follows a collision on Saturday evening when a white 16-seater LDV minibus demolished a brick wall and metal fence before ending up in a front garden.
An elderly woman on the bus was taken to the city’s Cumberland Infirmary with a minor head injury.
Neither the driver nor any of his passengers, who included small children, suffered serious injuries.
First published at 14:09, Friday, 24 February 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (10 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)