Cumbrians still party like it's the end of the world
Published at 14:30, Friday, 28 December 2012
The end of the world wasn’t enough to stop Brampton having a party. Off the Wall, a coffee shop on Front Street, held a party at a time when there were some who thought there would be no-one there to enjoy it.
According to the ancient Mayan civilisation, the Earth was due to come to an end on Friday.
Clearly, it didn’t.
To mark this, everyone attending was encouraged to dress up as superheroes who could save the world.
They were entertained by Brampton act Heidi and Tony, and dined on nachos, a dish from Mexico, home of the Mayans.
Emma Goodman, who runs the shop with her parents and went along dressed as Clark Kent aka Superman, said: “The 21st fell on a Friday, which is when we have our live music, so we had to do something.”
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (16 comments)
- Church closed and declared unsafe as parts of ceiling fall down
- Go-ahead to turn former police station into restaurant
- Death of two-year-old Cumbrian boy was accident, says coroner
- First theft in 25 years may mean tighter security at Cumbrian museum
- Liverpool v Carlisle Utd cup tie ticket details
- New Marks & Spencer store in Carlisle will create 55 jobs (13 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (38 comments)
- Carlisle police appeal after youth seen running away from major blaze
- Carlisle residents too scared to walk down road without footpath (14 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (50 comments)
- From Carlisle airport to New York for just £200? (22 comments)
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)