Cumbrian woman battling illness launches internet auction
Last updated at 13:36, Friday, 06 June 2014
A young woman battling several rare illnesses is launching an internet auction to help a fundraising appeal.
Sammy Armstrong, 23, lives at Hethersgill, between Longtown and Brampton.
She suffers from a combination of conditions – including Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) – which are worsening and leaving her bed bound.
Desperate for help, she is fundraising so she can receive treatment from private experts in London and get a much-needed wheelchair.
Since launching her appeal, Sammy has had support from various individuals and businesses. The latest comes from bosses at Walby Farm Park, near Carlisle, which has donated two year-long family passes she can auction to raise funds.
The passes, which usually sell for £220, allow unlimited entry into the attraction for a family of up to five people.
Sammy is today listing them on internet site eBay and hopes to raise as much as possible to bolster her appeal fund.
The passes will be listed for the next 10 days. To make a bid search for them using ‘Walby Farm Park’.
First published at 13:34, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (8 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (30 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)