Cumbrian care home manager stole pensioner's cash
Last updated at 15:15, Friday, 22 February 2013
A care home manager who defrauded a 74-year-old man out of £2,400 is to be sentenced by a crown court judge.
Magistrates in the city heard how Jaqueline Forbes, 52, who described her financial situation as “desperate”, had abused her position at the Hazel Bank care home in Penrith.
She admitted 12 counts of fraud and one theft.
Forbes, of Rowan Court, Penrith, committed the offences between July 24 and September 27 last year, stealing a Barclays bank card belonging to a frail and vulnerable pensioner staying at the home.
Prosecutor Adrienne Harris told how Forbes used the bank card she took to withdraw amounts of £200 from a local cashpoint.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction, sending the case to Carlisle Crown Court for sentence on March 22.
First published at 14:40, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Brave Cumbrian woman plans her bucket list
- Cumbrian graduate is making some NOISE in House of Commons
- Director wants help to film horror movie in north Cumbria
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (10 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)