Cumbrian brothers fought over content of 'racy' film
Published at 08:34, Friday, 24 February 2012
Two brothers ended up brawling after one of them put on a DVD the other thought was too racy to be watched in front of their mother.
Gavin Newman, 32, was unhappy with Ryan Newman’s choice of film due to its sex scenes and so the pair started fighting, city magistrates heard.
When the fight spilled into the garden, their mum called 999.
Gary Newman, of Ellesmere Way, Morton, Carlisle, appeared before Carlisle magistrates and admitted threatening behaviour on February 7.
He was sentenced to a six-month community order and put on a curfew for four weeks.
His brother had already received a 12-month community order.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- 'Deserters' leaving Carlisle to shop in Glasgow are harming city (52 comments)
- Cumbrian father’s gratitude to stranger who sat with dying son
- Carlisle mums in tears as they’re fined over truant children
- Ten jobs as mineral water firm near Carlisle expands
- Festive flashmob surprise for Carlisle superstore shoppers
- You can spot this Penrith house a smile away (4 comments)
- Bus cuts across Cumbria loom in bid to save £1.3m (38 comments)
- Carlisle football teams under threat from proposed pitch hire price hike (5 comments)
- Barrister buys historic Cumbrian hall to restore for son, 10 (12 comments)
- Defence site could be home for Appleby Horse Fair travellers (2 comments)