Cumbrian brothers fought over content of 'racy' film
Published at 08:34, Friday, 24 February 2012
Two brothers ended up brawling after one of them put on a DVD the other thought was too racy to be watched in front of their mother.
Gavin Newman, 32, was unhappy with Ryan Newman’s choice of film due to its sex scenes and so the pair started fighting, city magistrates heard.
When the fight spilled into the garden, their mum called 999.
Gary Newman, of Ellesmere Way, Morton, Carlisle, appeared before Carlisle magistrates and admitted threatening behaviour on February 7.
He was sentenced to a six-month community order and put on a curfew for four weeks.
His brother had already received a 12-month community order.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (12 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Social landlords join forces to reduce costs
- Bridgestone may make bid to take over Pirelli
- Pirelli offers reassurance to workers on Chinese takeover
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Former Kangol factory to become offices
- West Cumbrian firm’s pitches will have vital Olympics role
- Puddings firm flying the flag for Cumbria
- Stobart Group in new wood supply deal
- Warning over deflation harming Cumbrian economy
- Cumbrian firm Story completes £6.5m Hitachi contract
- Trial jury told Carlisle office raid was an ‘inside job’
- Easter Fun
- Police appeal for information after £3000 Barrow watch theft
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Passenger who threw up attacked Carlisle taxi driver
- Duck Waddle and Activities Cleator Moor Nursery
- Crew deals with fishy fire in Barrow
- Championships tribute planned to world record-breaking gurner
- Boiler problem shuts Workington swimming pools
- Ulverston mural attack is no laughing matter for Stan Laurel fans