Cumbria's food and drink awards finalists named
Published at 14:13, Friday, 04 January 2013
THE 39 finalists have been revealed in Cumbria Life’s 2013 Food and Drink awards.
Judges will select the final 12 on January 25 in a ceremony at Kendal College hosted by TV presenter and broadcaster Stuart Maconie, who lives near Penrith.
Finalists include Tebay Farm Shops, Appleby Creamery, Askham Hall Kitchen Garden Café near Penrith, the George and Dragon pub at Clifton near Penrith and Alston’s Moody Baker Co-operative.
Claire Logan-Stephens, head of marketing for Westmorland, which runs Tebay Farm Shops, said: “The team at Tebay Services are delighted to have been shortlisted twice in these prestigious food and drink awards with its respected panel of judges.
“Our two farm shops have grown from our family farm and are the only ones in the country to be part of a motorway services offer.
“As well as our own lamb and beef and artisan food products from further afield, we are proud to stock produce from 70 Cumbrian food producers, which also helps them reach a national audience.”
Chairman of judges Steven Doherty, who is chef/proprietor of the First Floor Café at the Lakeland store in Windermere, said: “What brings it home to me is what a very diverse range of establishments we have here in Cumbria. It’s come an awfully long way in the last 20 years.
“To be shortlisted means that the entrants are near the top of their game and should continue to strive to maintain and improve standards.”
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (26 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (32 comments)