Cumbria's food and drink awards finalists named
Published at 14:13, Friday, 04 January 2013
THE 39 finalists have been revealed in Cumbria Life’s 2013 Food and Drink awards.
Judges will select the final 12 on January 25 in a ceremony at Kendal College hosted by TV presenter and broadcaster Stuart Maconie, who lives near Penrith.
Finalists include Tebay Farm Shops, Appleby Creamery, Askham Hall Kitchen Garden Café near Penrith, the George and Dragon pub at Clifton near Penrith and Alston’s Moody Baker Co-operative.
Claire Logan-Stephens, head of marketing for Westmorland, which runs Tebay Farm Shops, said: “The team at Tebay Services are delighted to have been shortlisted twice in these prestigious food and drink awards with its respected panel of judges.
“Our two farm shops have grown from our family farm and are the only ones in the country to be part of a motorway services offer.
“As well as our own lamb and beef and artisan food products from further afield, we are proud to stock produce from 70 Cumbrian food producers, which also helps them reach a national audience.”
Chairman of judges Steven Doherty, who is chef/proprietor of the First Floor Café at the Lakeland store in Windermere, said: “What brings it home to me is what a very diverse range of establishments we have here in Cumbria. It’s come an awfully long way in the last 20 years.
“To be shortlisted means that the entrants are near the top of their game and should continue to strive to maintain and improve standards.”
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Yobs slaughter animals in sick allotment attack (38 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
- Our princely friend helps us to realise we are special
- Carlisle's Civic Centre could be knocked down (88 comments)
- The big interview: Carlisle United’s supporters’ trust (17 comments)
- Go-ahead for 825 new homes at Morton in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Primark targets site for Carlisle city centre store (85 comments)
- Unitary authority for Cumbria plan back on table (23 comments)