Cumbria police plea to van driver after crash
Last updated at 14:29, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
Police are hunting a van driver involved in a car crash near Wigton last week.
The man was driving a white Ford Transit which pulled onto the A596 at Micklethwaite, causing another car to swerve and collide with a road sign.
The van driver stopped and handed over a business card which read: “British Beds, ask for Bob.”
But attempts to track him down have so far failed.
Police say the van’s signage was similar to the A1 Beds logo, featuring light blue lettering.
The man is described as about 50 with black hair and a full beard and moustache.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the van driver should call police on 101.
First published at 11:29, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Boss Curle key to former QPR winger signing for Carlisle Utd
- Community Heroes honoured at gala ceremony
- Carlisle Utd new boy to draw on influence of England hero Kane
- Carlisle Utd supporters' trust calls for answers about 'billionaire'
- Pub of year prize for Cumbrian landlord after just two years at helm (3 comments)