Carlisle woman jailed for exposing breasts twice
Published at 11:12, Saturday, 26 April 2014
A woman has been jailed for twice exposing her breasts in public.
Jacqueline Linda Cameron, 51, who was living in Port Road, off Newtown Road in Carlisle, admitted two counts of outraging public decency at the city’s magistrates’ court.
She also pleaded guilty to a public order offence, assaulting a police officer and causing a nuisance on NHS premises.
Police were first called to her then-home at about 7am on Sunday March 9.
Neighbours had heard loud banging and shouting and, when one of them came out to see what the commotion was, spotted Cameron outside.
Prosecutor Sarah Rogers told the court that the responding police were met with a “torrent of abuse”.
When officers asked her to leave she exposed her breasts to passing motorists, before “lunging forward” and spitting in a female officer’s face.
District Judge Gerald Chalk heard that police were called to Port Road at about 5am on March 25, where they found Cameron in the middle of the road, clutching a bottle of vodka and exposing her breasts.
She was again arrested for an act of outraging public decency.
Later that day, Cameron was also arrested after committing a public order offence against a neighbour on Port Road.
Earlier, on February 12 at Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary, Cameron shouted abuse and sexual references at a male registrar in the accident and emergency department.
Sara Budniak, defending, told Judge Chalk that Cameron has had a number of mental health problems.
She added Cameron feels she has been let down by the mental health authorities and feels victimised by the police.
Judge Chalk jailed her for 180 days. This included 28 days for unpaid court fines totalling about £1,000.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (24 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Police confirm body found during search was missing pensioner
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss loses fight to clear his name
- Carlisle pensioner charged with child and animal pornography offences
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site