Laura Jandera and Andrew Sanko
Last updated at 14:11, Thursday, 05 May 2011
Laura Jandera, 24, nursery nurse and Andrew Sanko, 25, electrician, live in Carlisle
HOW THEY MET: At Trinity School in Carlisle when they got the bus together when the were 12 and 13.
PROPOSAL: On New Year’s Eve at the Lakes Court Hotel in 2002.
VENUE: Smith’s Hotel, Gretna Green.
The groom broke his leg playing football four weeks before the wedding day but he still managed to enjoy the day – on crutches!
THEME: Red, white and hearts.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: An ivory lace-up strapless dress with embroidery detail to the front and back with a long train, from Beaus and Belles, Workington.
GROOMSMEN: The groom’s brother David Sanko was best man and friend Pete Maclachlan was usher. Nephew Niall Rotherham was pageboy. The groom wore a dark grey Hugo Boss suit and the groomsmen wore suits from Next.
BRIDESMAIDS: The bride’s sister Emma Rotherham was bridesmaid and best friend Kim Macfarlane was maid of honour. They wore full-length red dresses with bead detail from Beaus and Belles, Workington.
FLOWERS: The bride carried a shower bouquet of white lilies, red roses and gerberas from Linda’s Flowers, Carlisle.
TRANSPORT: A 1985 vintage Rolls Royce limousine and a blue and ivory Daimler from Silver Lady Wedding Cars, Longtown.
RECEPTION: Smith’s Hotel for 38 guests during the day for a wedding breakfast and 120 evening guests for a buffet.
TABLE SETTINGS: I Love You in various languages and place cards with red feather detail.
FAVOURS: Cupcakes made by the groom’s mother Dorothy Sanko.
CAKE: A three-tier round cake of fruit, chocolate and sponge made by family friend Faye Andrews.
FIRST DANCE: Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton.
ENTERTAINMENT: Band Last Orders, DJ Jean Letour and magician.
HONEYMOON: Riviera Maya, Mexico.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Rachel Notman Photography.
VIDEOGRAPHER: Family friend.
First published at 21:07, Wednesday, 04 May 2011
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (8 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (30 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)