Laura Jandera and Andrew Sanko
Last updated at 14:11, Thursday, 05 May 2011
Laura Jandera, 24, nursery nurse and Andrew Sanko, 25, electrician, live in Carlisle
HOW THEY MET: At Trinity School in Carlisle when they got the bus together when the were 12 and 13.
PROPOSAL: On New Year’s Eve at the Lakes Court Hotel in 2002.
VENUE: Smith’s Hotel, Gretna Green.
The groom broke his leg playing football four weeks before the wedding day but he still managed to enjoy the day – on crutches!
THEME: Red, white and hearts.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: An ivory lace-up strapless dress with embroidery detail to the front and back with a long train, from Beaus and Belles, Workington.
GROOMSMEN: The groom’s brother David Sanko was best man and friend Pete Maclachlan was usher. Nephew Niall Rotherham was pageboy. The groom wore a dark grey Hugo Boss suit and the groomsmen wore suits from Next.
BRIDESMAIDS: The bride’s sister Emma Rotherham was bridesmaid and best friend Kim Macfarlane was maid of honour. They wore full-length red dresses with bead detail from Beaus and Belles, Workington.
FLOWERS: The bride carried a shower bouquet of white lilies, red roses and gerberas from Linda’s Flowers, Carlisle.
TRANSPORT: A 1985 vintage Rolls Royce limousine and a blue and ivory Daimler from Silver Lady Wedding Cars, Longtown.
RECEPTION: Smith’s Hotel for 38 guests during the day for a wedding breakfast and 120 evening guests for a buffet.
TABLE SETTINGS: I Love You in various languages and place cards with red feather detail.
FAVOURS: Cupcakes made by the groom’s mother Dorothy Sanko.
CAKE: A three-tier round cake of fruit, chocolate and sponge made by family friend Faye Andrews.
FIRST DANCE: Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton.
ENTERTAINMENT: Band Last Orders, DJ Jean Letour and magician.
HONEYMOON: Riviera Maya, Mexico.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Rachel Notman Photography.
VIDEOGRAPHER: Family friend.
First published at 21:07, Wednesday, 04 May 2011
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Hopes of reviving Cumbria Day (3 comments)
- £4.8m Star of Caledonia artwork to be unveiled - in miniature (6 comments)
- Report urges Cumbria to seek stronger links with Scotland (14 comments)
- Don’t look here for fracking desolation, Lord Howell (2 comments)
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with