Year in Industry open evening in west Cumbria
Last updated at 13:22, Wednesday, 25 January 2012
A west Cumbrian workplace scheme has been helping students to learn more about engineering.
The Year in Industry initiative held an open evening which saw a host of young people interested in spending a year in the workplace, speak to organisers.
David Robinson, of science activities provider EDT, explained the benefits of taking a year out in the industry.
He said: “The Year in Industry is one way for young people to gain work experience within engineering and science.
“Many of the students who have taken part in the scheme return to work in west Cumbria after graduation, having either been sponsored at university or through continued contact with their industry employer for vacation work.”
For more information on the Year in Industry scheme email David Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 25 January 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)