Year in Industry open evening in west Cumbria
Last updated at 13:22, Wednesday, 25 January 2012
A west Cumbrian workplace scheme has been helping students to learn more about engineering.
The Year in Industry initiative held an open evening which saw a host of young people interested in spending a year in the workplace, speak to organisers.
David Robinson, of science activities provider EDT, explained the benefits of taking a year out in the industry.
He said: “The Year in Industry is one way for young people to gain work experience within engineering and science.
“Many of the students who have taken part in the scheme return to work in west Cumbria after graduation, having either been sponsored at university or through continued contact with their industry employer for vacation work.”
For more information on the Year in Industry scheme email David Robinson at email@example.com.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 25 January 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with