Woman suffers fractured skull, bleeding on brain after Carlisle attack
Published at 12:16, Thursday, 22 November 2012
A woman suffered a fractured skull as she tried to break up a fight between two men on a Carlisle street.
Police have released CCTV footage of the incident - which took place on Sunday, October 28 - in a bid to try and find her attacker.
The 24-year-old was attempting to break up the fight at Court Square when she was floored with a punch to the head.
As well as the fractured skull, she also suffered bleeding on the brain.
She is convalescing at home.
Detective Constable Steve Whitehead said: “This woman was acting as a peacekeeper and attempted to stop two men from fighting, which I believed showed extreme courage.
“We are particularly keen to speak to the witnesses to the incident who clearly assist the victim after the assault and anyone who recognises the man who threw the punch.”
Anyone with any information can contact Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Pirelli death inquest: Man climbed into steam oven during '90 second window'
- You can spot this Penrith house a smile away (4 comments)
- Cumbria university students' union slams 'tasteless and vulgar' website
- Festive flashmob surprise for Carlisle superstore shoppers
- Cumbrian father’s gratitude to stranger who sat with dying son
- Bus cuts across Cumbria loom in bid to save £1.3m (38 comments)
- Barrister buys historic Cumbrian hall to restore for son, 10 (12 comments)
- Row over Carlisle chip shop's plan to open until 4am (40 comments)