Woman suffers fractured skull, bleeding on brain after Carlisle attack
Published at 12:16, Thursday, 22 November 2012
A woman suffered a fractured skull as she tried to break up a fight between two men on a Carlisle street.
Police have released CCTV footage of the incident - which took place on Sunday, October 28 - in a bid to try and find her attacker.
The 24-year-old was attempting to break up the fight at Court Square when she was floored with a punch to the head.
As well as the fractured skull, she also suffered bleeding on the brain.
She is convalescing at home.
Detective Constable Steve Whitehead said: “This woman was acting as a peacekeeper and attempted to stop two men from fighting, which I believed showed extreme courage.
“We are particularly keen to speak to the witnesses to the incident who clearly assist the victim after the assault and anyone who recognises the man who threw the punch.”
Anyone with any information can contact Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Watch out for the angels hanging around streets
- With 1995 fresh in our minds, Carlisle United are going back to Wembley
- Coroner voices concerns over Carlisle psychiatric unit after suicides
- A Bishop’s home does not have to be his castle
- ‘It is quite exciting. Who knows where we will be in six months’ time, but if nothing else it is something we can say we tried’
- Yobs slaughter animals in sick allotment attack (35 comments)
- Parking fees will kill my business, says Carlisle gym owner (60 comments)
- Talkin Tarn hotel for sale - again (3 comments)
- Traffic concerns delay decision on new Carlisle supermarket (26 comments)
- 'Good' Carlisle primary school in special measures (35 comments)