Woman suffers fractured skull, bleeding on brain after Carlisle attack
Published at 12:16, Thursday, 22 November 2012
A woman suffered a fractured skull as she tried to break up a fight between two men on a Carlisle street.
Police have released CCTV footage of the incident - which took place on Sunday, October 28 - in a bid to try and find her attacker.
The 24-year-old was attempting to break up the fight at Court Square when she was floored with a punch to the head.
As well as the fractured skull, she also suffered bleeding on the brain.
She is convalescing at home.
Detective Constable Steve Whitehead said: “This woman was acting as a peacekeeper and attempted to stop two men from fighting, which I believed showed extreme courage.
“We are particularly keen to speak to the witnesses to the incident who clearly assist the victim after the assault and anyone who recognises the man who threw the punch.”
Anyone with any information can contact Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)