We’ll have to be at our best to beat Carlisle Utd, says Huddersfield star
Last updated at 10:26, Saturday, 31 March 2012
Huddersfield ace Gary Roberts admits the Terriers will need to be at their very best to beat Carlisle United and said: This will be as tough as it gets.
The talented Terriers wide man believes the in-form Blues will set Simon Grayson's side a stern examination at Brunton Park.
Huddersfield, still chasing an automatic promotion place, last week accounted for League One leaders Charlton but Roberts thinks Carlisle could pose an even harder test.
“I think it will be one of the toughest games of the season,” said the left-sided dangerman, eyeing a third straight win.
“Carlisle are in form and have taken points off all the top teams. We'll have to work very hard there to get a result.”
Today will be Huddersfield's first visit to Brunton Park since Carlisle's famous 4-0 thrashing of the Terriers in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy semi-final.
And for manager Grayson it will be a return to the scene of Leeds' stormy JPT defeat the previous campaign, which ended with the ex-Elland Road boss claiming his players had been attacked by pitch-invading fans.
Lee Clark's Galpharm Stadium successor believes his side are equipped to end United's superb 15-game unbeaten home run.
“By beating the leaders last week, we have shown we are a match for any side in the division,” he said.
“I watched Carlisle beat MK Dons on Tuesday and they are a good, well-organised team, but I know my players have the ability to win there.”
Grayson is expected to hand a second start to Stoke's Uruguayan loanee Diego Arismendi, who the manager says has added a “physical presence” to his midfield.
Fit-again Calum Woods could be in the squad but Tommy Miller, Oscar Gobern, Damien Johnson and Gary Naysmith are out.
Carlisle's closest rivals Stevenage host Wycombe today with eighth-placed Nottas County at home to Oldham.
First published at 08:57, Saturday, 31 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- Tories choose their Workington candidate for General Election (15 comments)
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- I was 'stitched up' on Channel 4 Come Dine With Me show, claims Carlisle man
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)