Vintage Barbers set to open in Carlisle city centre
Last updated at 10:02, Monday, 11 February 2013
A new specialist barbers will open its doors in Carlisle this week.
Wendie Caig and Norbert Zieleniec are opening the new business – Vintage Barbers – on Warwick Road.
It will be opposite the old Post Office, near Carol Roberts Bridal and Sewell’s newsagents.
Wendie, 37, said: “Norbert and I met when we were working at another barbers in Carlisle.
“We are going all out for the vintage theme with special furnishings and lighting. On the walls we will have pictures of old barber scenes.”
Norbert, 37, is originally from Poland and has 15 years experience as a barber.
Wendie, who is the wife of Carlisle United’s goalkeeping coach Tony Caig, has 23 years experience in the trade.
She said: “We’ve both been round the block a bit so we know what we’re doing.
“I’ve lived and worked all over the place including Canada, America, London and Newcastle and Norbert worked in a big salon in Poland.
“We are hoping to take on a junior barber too.
“He’s 35 and really has the vintage look so it will be quite quirky. We’re loving the location of the shop – it’s in a good area that has lots going on.”
The barbers will provide a service specifically for men and boys.
The shop hopes to open on Thursday – Valentine’s Day – providing decorating and fitting work has finished.
First published at 10:00, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (203 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (52 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)