Thousands expected at Best of Lakeland show
Last updated at 13:06, Saturday, 03 March 2012
The Best of Lakeland Hospitality Show will be held later this month to showcase local food and drink and the firms helping to promote it.
The show, now in its 37th year, takes place at Bowness-on-Windermere with exhibitors and visitors from across the north west.
More than 2,000 attended last year’s show and organisers hope to top that total this year.
Mark Carr, from IE Photography, Hawkshead, exhibited last year and said it was excellent. “I picked up a number of quality leads with some big contract jobs, both from within the Lake District and outside the Cumbria area,” he said.
“Some of the contracts were from guesthouses, catering and chef training companies from the north east area, Hexham and some from Cheshire.
“Everyone I spoke to was very positive about the event and there was a real buzz about the show which we’ve not experienced in a long time.”
In the food area, visitors can sample cupcakes from Yummy Cupcakes, sausages and crispy bacon from Pinks Lake District Speciality Foods, and artisan bread from Grange-over-Sands Bakery.
Cumbrian Chefs are also lining up to share their culinary secrets with a series of cooking demonstrations.
Organiser Jonathan Denby, chair of the Lakes Hospitality Association, said: “What makes the Best of Lakeland show a real food-lovers’ paradise is that they can speak to the very people who grow and produce the food they are about to purchase.
“The producers will share cooking and recipe suggestions, tips on storage, and recommendations for matching their products with other food and drink.
“Speaking to the producers you get straight to the heart of what is best about food in our region and if you like your food and drink then there is no better place to come and stock up,” he added.
First published at 09:04, Saturday, 03 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (12 comments)
- I was 'stitched up' on Channel 4 Come Dine With Me show, claims Carlisle man
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- Tories choose their Workington candidate for General Election (15 comments)
- Former pub set for new lease of life as house
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)