Teenagers attacked outside Carlisle youth club
Last updated at 11:37, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Two teenage boys were assaulted outside a youth club in Carlisle.
Police were called by one of the boy’s mothers at about 9.50pm on Tuesday.
She told officers her 14-year-old son, from Carlisle, had been outside the Youth Zone in Victoria Place when he and a friend were assaulted by two other boys.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police said the victims were both taken to the Cumberland Infirmary, in Carlisle, for treatment but were discharged the same night.
Police believe they know the identity of the assailants.
It was the second time that evening that officers had been alerted to issues in that area.
They had been called by staff at the youth zone at about 8.20pm, who claimed a 17-year-old boy had “threatened violence” towards them.
When police arrived at the scene the teenager had already left.
First published at 11:34, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (204 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (61 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)