Teenagers attacked outside Carlisle youth club
Last updated at 11:37, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Two teenage boys were assaulted outside a youth club in Carlisle.
Police were called by one of the boy’s mothers at about 9.50pm on Tuesday.
She told officers her 14-year-old son, from Carlisle, had been outside the Youth Zone in Victoria Place when he and a friend were assaulted by two other boys.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police said the victims were both taken to the Cumberland Infirmary, in Carlisle, for treatment but were discharged the same night.
Police believe they know the identity of the assailants.
It was the second time that evening that officers had been alerted to issues in that area.
They had been called by staff at the youth zone at about 8.20pm, who claimed a 17-year-old boy had “threatened violence” towards them.
When police arrived at the scene the teenager had already left.
First published at 11:34, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (26 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)