Snow forecast to fall in Cumbria
Last updated at 11:27, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
The icy blast is set to continue in Cumbria for the next few days with snow expected to fall on Friday.
Thermometers are set to plummet, with many parts of the county struggling to see temperatures rise above freezing.
In Carlisle earlier today temperatures were -2C.
A weather front moving across the UK tomorrow night is set to bring the biggest snowfall of the winter.
Gemma Plumb, a forecaster with MeteoGroup, said: “We are looking at 5cms to 10cms (2ins-4ins) falling quite widely across the country on Friday, with more than that across higher ground.”
Temperatures on Friday in Cumbria will be 1C in the day and -2C at night. The Highways Agency is warning motorists to take extra care on icy roads.
First published at 11:18, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (9 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)