Skillen scores five as Cockermouth rout Frizington
Last updated at 11:31, Thursday, 05 April 2012
Keith Skillen scored five times as Cockermouth hammered Frizington White Star 8-2.
James and Ryan Carruthers and Darren Little hit the others as winless Frizington crumbled. Cockermouth, who have 10 points from their 14 matches, stay second bottom.
Ben Byers hit Netherhall’s only goal as the reigning champions beat Longtown 1-0. Slamming home from the penalty spot, Byers’ strike took Netherhall nine points clear of Aspatria in the Tesco Premier League.
Byers’ first half spot kick proved vital for the Maryport side, who clung on to victory despite losing Keith Anderson and Nick Holden to injury. Longtown could have taken something from the walking wounded, but missed a late header.
Division One action saw Parton United draw a blank in their home game with Wigton Athletic, who sealed the points with goals from Tom Rudd, David Charters, Adam Steel and Richard O’Keefe.
St Bees and Harraby Catholic Club Youth could not be parted as they drew 3-3.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 05 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Threatened Carlisle clothes shop saved from closure
- Hope buyer can be found for Carlisle pub (7 comments)
- National restaurant company eyeing Carlisle's Hoopers building (19 comments)
- Couple left son home alone to go on holiday abroad, Carlisle court told
- Carlisle restaurant owners to open city's first juice bar
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (33 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)