Skillen scores five as Cockermouth rout Frizington
Last updated at 11:31, Thursday, 05 April 2012
Keith Skillen scored five times as Cockermouth hammered Frizington White Star 8-2.
James and Ryan Carruthers and Darren Little hit the others as winless Frizington crumbled. Cockermouth, who have 10 points from their 14 matches, stay second bottom.
Ben Byers hit Netherhall’s only goal as the reigning champions beat Longtown 1-0. Slamming home from the penalty spot, Byers’ strike took Netherhall nine points clear of Aspatria in the Tesco Premier League.
Byers’ first half spot kick proved vital for the Maryport side, who clung on to victory despite losing Keith Anderson and Nick Holden to injury. Longtown could have taken something from the walking wounded, but missed a late header.
Division One action saw Parton United draw a blank in their home game with Wigton Athletic, who sealed the points with goals from Tom Rudd, David Charters, Adam Steel and Richard O’Keefe.
St Bees and Harraby Catholic Club Youth could not be parted as they drew 3-3.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 05 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Royal Marine puts career on line after driving 'like an idiot'
- Cumbrian pensioner spent six weeks living in car in London in bid to recover life savings
- Carlisle's Swallow Hilltop Hotel to close
- Actor Tim’s heart in Silloth, no matter how far job takes him
- Cumbrian beauty spot churned up by quad bikes and 4x4s
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (15 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (37 comments)
- New bridge set to be built between Currock and Denton Holme (27 comments)
- Windfall for Cumbria as four-year deal struck with Tour of Britain (25 comments)