Skating Santas back park bid
Published at 14:17, Friday, 04 January 2013
AROUND 40 skating Santas finally got to show off their skills after the weather failed to rain on their parade.
The ‘Santas’ – accompanied by a few elves – were out in force to show their support for plans to build a skatepark in memory of Keswick bus crash victim Kieran Goulding.
They brought a blaze of red to Workington skatepark, off Stainburn Road, yesterday to help raise awareness of the project planned for Kie Park, in Hensingham.
More than £4,000 has already been raised by Kieran’s friends and family towards the park.
Earlier this year Kieran’s mum, Tracey Nicholson, cycled 900 miles, the equivalent of Land’s End to John O’Groats, and raised £2,613. Ms Nicholson said anything between £200,000 to £350,000 would be needed to built the facility.
“This is something that skaters, bladers, scooter riders and BMX enthusiasts can take ownership of to drive forward and have in their area,” she said.
People can follow the Facebook page for updates at www.facebook.com/events/125923227567846/
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Jobs under threat at Willmott Dixon (4 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (14 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (147 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)