Revamped bar to get historical Carlisle theme
Last updated at 11:57, Monday, 25 February 2013
A bar is set for a revamp that will embrace Carlisle’s rich history.
Cafe Sol, at 31 Castle Street, is to be renamed Thirsty One and will reopen on March 16 with a new historical theme.
The new bar will feature old pictures of Carlisle as well as having traditional-looking fittings and dressing.
The bar is one of many in the ‘historic quarter’ such as Bijou, Merienda, Foxes and The Shabby Scholar that have transformed the area into a popular social scene.
Owner Robbie Edgar, who has run the bar for eight years, said: “It has needed a bit of a revamp and we have decided to change the theme. We are trying to embrace historic Carlisle. We are trying to do something a bit different as it will be contemporary with a historic feel. Hopefully this will appeal to tourists as well as local people.”
He said the historic quarter was “really starting to come together” with lots of new businesses giving it a go.
Robbie added: “The area is one of the nicest parts of the city and also one of the most locally run because the rents are cheaper and national brands have turned a blind eye. It is generally safer, cleaner and certainly more quirky.”
First published at 11:35, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Stobart geared up for another Pendragon title drive
- Carlisle man receives medal from the Pope for services to city church
- Planning applications July 18 2014
- ‘Time to make a stand before Tesco takes over in Carlisle’ (10 comments)
- NHS managers will not escape jobs cuts, says Cumbrian hospitals boss (13 comments)
- Carlisle auction of late TV celebrity's possessions
- Major flaws found in heating systems at homes in Cumbrian town
- Double the delight for singer Maddy Prior at Cumbria university graduation
- Farmer’s wind turbine plan rejected by Eden councillors
- Celtic Nation in turmoil as owner sells, manager quits (30 comments)
- The big interview: Carlisle United’s supporters’ trust (17 comments)
- Go-ahead for 825 new homes at Morton in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Primark targets site for Carlisle city centre store (85 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
- Barrister buys historic Cumbrian hall to restore for son, 10 (14 comments)