Premier League defender joins Carlisle United
Last updated at 13:00, Thursday, 21 February 2013
Premier League left-back Jordan Mustoe today joined Carlisle United.
The Wigan Athletic defender has linked up with the Cumbrians on an emergency loan deal until the end of the season.
And the 22-year-old, who has made two first-team appearances for Roberto Martinez's side this season, could go straight into the Blues side for Saturday's home clash with MK Dons.
Birkenhead-born Mustoe, who has had previous loan spells with Morecambe and Barnet, ends boss Greg Abbott's search for a left-back, following the ankle injury which has ruled Chris Chantler out for the season.
If Mustoe starts against the Dons it could see Matty Robson return to the United attack, after the ex-Hartlepool man has deputised in the back four in recent weeks.
Mustoe's one start in 2012/13 for the Latics, where he came through the youth ranks, came in their FA Cup victory against Macclesfield last month, with his other appearance coming as a sub in the previous round against Bournemouth. He has also been an unused sub in their Premier League game at Stoke.
He previously made 12 appearances for League Two side Morecambe from last October to December, scoring once, after 19 outings on loan at Barnet last season, after earning his Wigan debut at Hull in January 2011.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 21 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Former Appleby bank turned into deli and butchers
- No special plans to deal with Hartlepool's Paynter, says Carlisle Utd boss
- Family's appeal for help to adapt house for disabled daughter
- £2.25m revamp of Carlisle industrial estate to start
- From Carlisle airport to New York for just £200? (23 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (23 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (52 comments)
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)