Police appeal after two hurt in Carlisle street fight
Last updated at 08:21, Thursday, 24 January 2013
One man was stabbed and another received a head injury in a fight in Carlisle on Tuesday night.
Fifteen police officers were sent to the Eden Street area of Stanwix at about 10.50pm after receiving a number of calls from members of the public.
They found a 31-year-old city man with a stab wound to a hand. A 30-year-old man from Carlisle was found on Garden Street with a head injury.
Scissors, a knife and a hammer have been seized by police, who have appealed for witnesses to the incident to contact them.
The injured men have been arrested.
The 30-year-old was arrested on suspicion of GBH and possession of a bladed article.
He was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary for treatment and discharged yesterday (Wednesday) morning. He has been questioned by police and placed on bail until this afternoon (Thursday).
The man with the hand injury was arrested on suspicion of GBH. He remains under arrest in hospital.
A third local man, aged 31, was arrested on suspicion of possessing an illegal substance and GBH with intent and released with no further action.
Anyone with information about the fight should call Carlisle CID on 101.
Two ambulances were also called to the incident.
First published at 12:28, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (9 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (31 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (32 comments)