Paint thugs target Carlisle family's cars
Last updated at 12:16, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Four cars owned by one family were doused with white paint and a corrosive substance last night.
All four – two Ford Mondeos, a Mercedes and a Vauxhall Vectra – were parked outside a bungalow in Geltsdale Avenue, Durranhill, Carlisle, when the attacker struck between 8pm and 11.45pm.
The cars belonged to Jim McCrorie, 79, and his grandsons Johny and Alex.
They were in the property but heard nothing.
Johny’s Mondeo was severely damaged.
Mr McCrorie said: “They have wrecked it. “Someone has deliberately done this.
“They were after his car and must have had it in for him for some reason. They knew what they were doing.
“It’s a write-off in my opinion. A queer mess and the lad is sick. The cars are insured but claiming puts your premium up. It will cost me dear.”
Police are appealing for information.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (65 comments)
- New landmark building planned for Botchergate in Carlisle (10 comments)
- Carlisle United survey: Results in full (11 comments)
- Talkin Tarn hotel for sale - again (1 comment)
- Cumbria council leader: ‘Cuts are going to happen as the money will not be there’ (1 comment)