Original member of The Beatles to perform in Carlisle
Last updated at 11:58, Monday, 11 February 2013
An original member of The Beatles has agreed to perform at the Carlisle Music City festival.
He has been invited by Paul Musgrave of local band So What. Mr Musgrave said: “Instead of having a Beatle tribute act I said ‘Let’s have a real Beatle!’”
He does not want to reveal who it is at this stage.
The festival will make its second appearance from May 25 to June 2.
This year’s event will also celebrate 50 years since the Fab Four were in town with a day of Beatles music performed on the city centre bandstand.
First published at 11:57, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Royal Marine puts career on line after driving 'like an idiot'
- Cumbrian pensioner spent six weeks living in car in London in bid to recover life savings
- Carlisle's Swallow Hilltop Hotel to close
- Actor Tim’s heart in Silloth, no matter how far job takes him
- Cumbrian beauty spot churned up by quad bikes and 4x4s
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (15 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (37 comments)
- New bridge set to be built between Currock and Denton Holme (27 comments)
- Windfall for Cumbria as four-year deal struck with Tour of Britain (25 comments)