Orient boss demands improvement against Carlisle Utd
Last updated at 12:49, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade has demanded a big improvement from his players when they arrive at Carlisle United on Saturday.
The O’s made hard work of seeing off Conference North outfit Gloucester City last night when they beat them 2-0 in the FA Cup.
Slade’s side required goals in the last five minutes from David Mooney and Dean Cox to avoid a replay. And the Orient manager knows they will have to show a vast improvement at Brunton Park.
Slade said: “It's all about getting through in the FA Cup. We know how difficult it can be from our escapades against Droylsden two years back.
“In the end we got the goals, although we wanted them a little bit earlier.
“We had three really good chances to get goals but to be fair their goalkeeper’s pulled off two fantastic saves. Credit to Gloucester. I thought they gave every last ounce and threw everything at the game but we wore them down in the end, got on top and eventually got the goals.”
First published at 12:46, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Stagecoach cuts prices on bus journeys in Carlisle
- New owner for Carlisle's Stepping Stones Nursery
- Two former north Cumbrian pubs to be sold at auction
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Driver's anger at parking charge - after buying ticket on Carlisle car park (25 comments)