Orient boss demands improvement against Carlisle Utd
Last updated at 12:49, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade has demanded a big improvement from his players when they arrive at Carlisle United on Saturday.
The O’s made hard work of seeing off Conference North outfit Gloucester City last night when they beat them 2-0 in the FA Cup.
Slade’s side required goals in the last five minutes from David Mooney and Dean Cox to avoid a replay. And the Orient manager knows they will have to show a vast improvement at Brunton Park.
Slade said: “It's all about getting through in the FA Cup. We know how difficult it can be from our escapades against Droylsden two years back.
“In the end we got the goals, although we wanted them a little bit earlier.
“We had three really good chances to get goals but to be fair their goalkeeper’s pulled off two fantastic saves. Credit to Gloucester. I thought they gave every last ounce and threw everything at the game but we wore them down in the end, got on top and eventually got the goals.”
First published at 12:46, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Legal row that split Cumbrian aristocratic family ended
- A dynasty at war: aristocrats torn apart by deathbed disinheritance
- Cumbrian coach firm invests £2m in European fleet
- Airport road delays could last up to 18 months (18 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss sets sights on next season's league title (26 comments)
- Carlisle Utd 2 Plymouth Argyle 0 (29 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (198 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (63 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Large parts of Carlisle will not get superfast broadband (34 comments)