Northern section victory for Carlisle scratch team
Last updated at 14:34, Thursday, 11 October 2012
The Carlisle Golf Club A scratch team won the Northern section of the Cumbria Scratch League and are through to the finals of the County play-offs against Workington at Silloth on Saturday, October 20.
The A team were also runners-up in the Cumbria Inter-Club Matchplay Championships after losing to Workington in the finals at Barrow.
Carlisle GC 2012 results
Ladies A scratch team retained the Cumbria Ladies County Silver shield.
Juniors won the Cumbria North East section of the juniors league and were narrowly beaten in the County semi-finals by Workington, 3.5 to 2.5 points.
Carlisle B scratch team won the Cumbria Interclub Strokeplay Championships held at Workington beating Carlisle A who finished runners-up.
The team of Steve Jopson, Mike Jack and Greg Waters represented Cumbria in the finals held at Stoneham Golf Club in Southampton, finishing 10th out of 32 counties.
It is 19 years since Carlisle last qualified for the finals.
At finals day, husband and wife Nicky and Douglas Borland defeated another husband and wife Sylvia and Stephen Armstrong in the mixed final.
Father and son Peter and Mike Jack won the Summer Quaich and another father and son Malcolm and Stephen Jopson won the Donald Bainbridge.
First published at 14:30, Thursday, 11 October 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (7 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (15 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (26 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)