North Cumbrian pensioner held on rape charge
Last updated at 12:05, Monday, 18 February 2013
A pensioner has been arrested on suspicion of raping a teenage girl.
Police said a man, 71, from Wigton, was held over a report at the weekend that a girl, also from north Allerdale, had been sexually assaulted “over a period of several months”.
Officers were immediately deployed to speak to the girl on Saturday, and carry out a number of forensic searches at a house in the Aspatria area. A police spokeswoman said: “The girl is being supported by family members and specially-trained officers at this time.”
The man was placed on bail until March 28 while inquiries continue.
First published at 12:03, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle man harassed ex-partner within days of leaving prison
- How long until Cumbria gets 4G or even decent 3G coverage?
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (4 comments)
- Carlisle man refused benefits - for the sake of £3 NI shortfall
- Carlisle bodybuilder strikes pose on Geordie Shore TV show
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)