North Cumbrian pensioner held on rape charge
Last updated at 12:05, Monday, 18 February 2013
A pensioner has been arrested on suspicion of raping a teenage girl.
Police said a man, 71, from Wigton, was held over a report at the weekend that a girl, also from north Allerdale, had been sexually assaulted “over a period of several months”.
Officers were immediately deployed to speak to the girl on Saturday, and carry out a number of forensic searches at a house in the Aspatria area. A police spokeswoman said: “The girl is being supported by family members and specially-trained officers at this time.”
The man was placed on bail until March 28 while inquiries continue.
First published at 12:03, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Cumbrian nuclear flights claim is ‘scaremongering’ (19 comments)
- Carlisle's former Hoopers store can become restaurants-cafes (39 comments)
- Residents want solution to backed-up traffic on Carlisle road (34 comments)
- Story plans another 310 homes on edge of Carlisle (52 comments)