North Cumbrian pensioner held on rape charge
Last updated at 12:05, Monday, 18 February 2013
A pensioner has been arrested on suspicion of raping a teenage girl.
Police said a man, 71, from Wigton, was held over a report at the weekend that a girl, also from north Allerdale, had been sexually assaulted “over a period of several months”.
Officers were immediately deployed to speak to the girl on Saturday, and carry out a number of forensic searches at a house in the Aspatria area. A police spokeswoman said: “The girl is being supported by family members and specially-trained officers at this time.”
The man was placed on bail until March 28 while inquiries continue.
First published at 12:03, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New owner for Carlisle's Stepping Stones Nursery
- Driver's anger at parking charge - after buying ticket on Carlisle car park (24 comments)
- Carlisle Utd decline to comment on Pattison Twitter gaffe
- Backing for new crossing across Carlisle's Castle Way
- Girl, 17, about to have first driving lesson airlifted to hospital after crash