X Factor star Chico backing Stobart bid for single success
Last updated at 14:41, Friday, 21 December 2012
Former X Factor finalist Chico is supporting Eddie Stobart’s Christmas crooners in their bid to become a festive hit.
Truckers from the iconic Carlisle-based haulage company have been top of the iTunes video download chart since Monday night with their version of The 12 Days of Christmas .
It impressively knocked dance craze hit Gangnam Style off the number one perch – with the single sitting inside the top 40 for Sunday’s official Christmas chart.
Chico, a friend of Stobart chief executive Andrew Tinkler who scored a number one in 2006 with It’s Chico Time, has been backing the drivers’ efforts, with proceeds from the release going to the charity Help for Heroes, which supports ex-servicemen and women.
He said: “The truckers have done a great job. It’s wonderful to see Eddie Stobart raising money for such a worthy cause.
“I have no doubt it will be a Christmas hit, but we need your help.”
Stobarts’ parody single – featuring reworked trucking-inspired lyrics of the Yuletide classic – stars drivers of the cult Channel 5 documentary Eddie Stobart: Trucks & Trailers, which attracts millions of viewers.
The song was released on Monday with its video an instant hit.
Video downloads from iTunes and other sales websites contribute to the official chart sales, which are compiled from various sources and released this Sunday.
The race for the Christmas number one is headed by the star-studded Hillsborough charity single, recorded under the name of The Justice Collective, and reigning X Factor winner James Arthur’s debut single.
First published at 14:31, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Vandals wreak havoc after breaking into school building
- Energy minister hints at cash for transport improvements in west Cumbria
- Councillors banned from talking to press for 'own protection'
- Prison term for banned driver who led Cumbria police on 25-mile chase
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Driver's anger at parking charge - after buying ticket on Carlisle car park (21 comments)
- Carnival fun in the sun at Silloth
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Girl, 17, about to have first driving lesson airlifted to hospital after crash
- £2.25m revamp of Carlisle industrial estate to start