We’re cheering on Bradley!
Last updated at 14:25, Friday, 07 September 2012
It's not everyone who can boast of being the official supporter of an Olympic champion. But that is the honour pupils at one Carlisle school can claim when the Tour of Britain rolls into town.
In fact, children from Newtown are not only the official city cheerleaders of gold medallist and Tour de France victor Bradley Wiggins, but also of reigning world road racing champion Mark Cavendish.
Teacher Darren Glynn, Newtown’s PE co-ordinator, said: “They are really excited. They have been watching the Olympics and some watched the Tour de France too.
“We’re going to be making sure we have our Bradley Wiggins-style sideburns and Team Sky flags.”
Tour of Britian preview in The Cumberland News
First published at 14:11, Friday, 07 September 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (8 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (30 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)