Posting dates for overseas
Published at 14:22, Friday, 29 October 2010
CHRISTMAS Day may be under two months away but deadlines for sending mail abroad are already approaching.
Royal Mail has announced the recommended last posting dates for overseas surface mail, airmail items and UK mail. Overseas surface mail to Eastern Europe, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Malta and Iceland should be sent by November 9 and November 23 to estern Europe.
Airmail to South and Central America, Africa, Caribbean, Far East (including Japan), Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand should be sent by December 6. And by December 10 to Eastern Europe, the USA, and Canada and December 13 to Western Europe.
The last dates for posting second-class mail will be December 18 and December 21 for first class and December 23 for special delivery.
For standard parcels weighing up to 20kgs and under 1.5m in length, the posting deadline in the UK and the Channel Islands is December 15. The deadline for Parcelforce Worldwide’s 48-hours service is December 22 and for its Next Day service, is December 23.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- BMX teens doing stunts on roof of Cumbrian school (1 comment)
- Your pond life is no match to majesty of our lakes (2 comments)
- Carlisle 'bypass' cutting congestion through city (17 comments)
- Luxury apartments plan in Cumbrian village (3 comments)
- Quarter of small Cumbrian businesses optimistic (2 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Boss of Cumbrian takeaway admits breaking immigration law
- Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Anger as new homes approved despite 300 objections (41 comments)
- Public inquiry into plans for west Cumbria nuclear waste dump (12 comments)
- Athletics coach killed himself after child sex arrest
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (32 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)