Posting dates for overseas
Published at 14:22, Friday, 29 October 2010
CHRISTMAS Day may be under two months away but deadlines for sending mail abroad are already approaching.
Royal Mail has announced the recommended last posting dates for overseas surface mail, airmail items and UK mail. Overseas surface mail to Eastern Europe, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Malta and Iceland should be sent by November 9 and November 23 to estern Europe.
Airmail to South and Central America, Africa, Caribbean, Far East (including Japan), Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand should be sent by December 6. And by December 10 to Eastern Europe, the USA, and Canada and December 13 to Western Europe.
The last dates for posting second-class mail will be December 18 and December 21 for first class and December 23 for special delivery.
For standard parcels weighing up to 20kgs and under 1.5m in length, the posting deadline in the UK and the Channel Islands is December 15. The deadline for Parcelforce Worldwide’s 48-hours service is December 22 and for its Next Day service, is December 23.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Church closed and declared unsafe as parts of ceiling fall down
- Go-ahead to turn former police station into restaurant
- Death of two-year-old Cumbrian boy was accident, says coroner
- First theft in 25 years may mean tighter security at Cumbrian museum
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)