Posting dates for overseas
Published at 14:22, Friday, 29 October 2010
CHRISTMAS Day may be under two months away but deadlines for sending mail abroad are already approaching.
Royal Mail has announced the recommended last posting dates for overseas surface mail, airmail items and UK mail. Overseas surface mail to Eastern Europe, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Malta and Iceland should be sent by November 9 and November 23 to estern Europe.
Airmail to South and Central America, Africa, Caribbean, Far East (including Japan), Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand should be sent by December 6. And by December 10 to Eastern Europe, the USA, and Canada and December 13 to Western Europe.
The last dates for posting second-class mail will be December 18 and December 21 for first class and December 23 for special delivery.
For standard parcels weighing up to 20kgs and under 1.5m in length, the posting deadline in the UK and the Channel Islands is December 15. The deadline for Parcelforce Worldwide’s 48-hours service is December 22 and for its Next Day service, is December 23.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Yobs slaughter animals in sick allotment attack (38 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
- Our princely friend helps us to realise we are special
- Carlisle's Sands Centre axes its creche (20 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre could be knocked down (86 comments)
- The big interview: Carlisle United’s supporters’ trust (17 comments)
- Go-ahead for 825 new homes at Morton in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Primark targets site for Carlisle city centre store (85 comments)
- Unitary authority for Cumbria plan back on table (20 comments)