Honour for cathedral’s master of music
Published at 05:19, Friday, 16 October 2009
Jeremy Suter, Carlisle Cathedral’s Master of Music, has been awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Guild of Church Musicians.
Mr Suter has, for many years, promoted church music in the cathedral.
Canon Brian McConnell said: “Members of the Chapter are delighted that this honour has come Jeremy’s way and we are certain that all members of the cathedral community would join us in saying congratulations to him.
“Choristers and lay clerks have benefited greatly over the years from Jeremy’s professionalism and his great love of church music which has so enhanced the worship of the church.
“Dedication and faithfulness are certainly words that come to mind.”
Mr Suter will attend a presentation ceremony at Westminster Cathedral on November 4, presided over by the Archbishop of Westminster.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Yobs slaughter animals in sick allotment attack (38 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (26 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)