Honour for cathedral’s master of music
Published at 05:19, Friday, 16 October 2009
Jeremy Suter, Carlisle Cathedral’s Master of Music, has been awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Guild of Church Musicians.
Mr Suter has, for many years, promoted church music in the cathedral.
Canon Brian McConnell said: “Members of the Chapter are delighted that this honour has come Jeremy’s way and we are certain that all members of the cathedral community would join us in saying congratulations to him.
“Choristers and lay clerks have benefited greatly over the years from Jeremy’s professionalism and his great love of church music which has so enhanced the worship of the church.
“Dedication and faithfulness are certainly words that come to mind.”
Mr Suter will attend a presentation ceremony at Westminster Cathedral on November 4, presided over by the Archbishop of Westminster.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (10 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Carlisle Utd boss on ongoing dispute with players (3 comments)