Honour for cathedral’s master of music
Published at 05:19, Friday, 16 October 2009
Jeremy Suter, Carlisle Cathedral’s Master of Music, has been awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Guild of Church Musicians.
Mr Suter has, for many years, promoted church music in the cathedral.
Canon Brian McConnell said: “Members of the Chapter are delighted that this honour has come Jeremy’s way and we are certain that all members of the cathedral community would join us in saying congratulations to him.
“Choristers and lay clerks have benefited greatly over the years from Jeremy’s professionalism and his great love of church music which has so enhanced the worship of the church.
“Dedication and faithfulness are certainly words that come to mind.”
Mr Suter will attend a presentation ceremony at Westminster Cathedral on November 4, presided over by the Archbishop of Westminster.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (66 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (3 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)