Honour for cathedral’s master of music
Published at 05:19, Friday, 16 October 2009
Jeremy Suter, Carlisle Cathedral’s Master of Music, has been awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Guild of Church Musicians.
Mr Suter has, for many years, promoted church music in the cathedral.
Canon Brian McConnell said: “Members of the Chapter are delighted that this honour has come Jeremy’s way and we are certain that all members of the cathedral community would join us in saying congratulations to him.
“Choristers and lay clerks have benefited greatly over the years from Jeremy’s professionalism and his great love of church music which has so enhanced the worship of the church.
“Dedication and faithfulness are certainly words that come to mind.”
Mr Suter will attend a presentation ceremony at Westminster Cathedral on November 4, presided over by the Archbishop of Westminster.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Church closed and declared unsafe as parts of ceiling fall down
- Go-ahead to turn former police station into restaurant
- Death of two-year-old Cumbrian boy was accident, says coroner
- First theft in 25 years may mean tighter security at Cumbrian museum