Passionate pleas to stop closure of Cumbrian care homes
County councillors were confronted by a spirited defence of a closure-threatened Aspatria care home by two of its supporters.
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Vandals wreak havoc after breaking into school building
- Energy minister hints at cash for transport improvements in west Cumbria
- Councillors banned from talking to press for 'own protection'
- Prison term for banned driver who led Cumbria police on 25-mile chase
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)