North Cumbrian mum caught drink driving on 'school run'
Published at 08:47, Friday, 17 February 2012
A Cumbrian woman was found to be over the drink drive limit on the 'school run.'
Police had been outside Beaconside Primary School on February 2 to target parents parking irresponsibly.
There was suspicion about Mary McNeill’s state so officers followed when she drove off with her young son in the car.
McNeill, 34, of Milner Mount, Penrith, was found to be nearly three times over the limit. She admitted drink-driving.
Defence solicitor Chris Toms said she was a single mother of two who was under enormous stress.
McNeill was banned from the roads for 24 months, ordered to carry out 60 hours unpaid work and told to pay £85 court costs.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- BMX teens doing stunts on roof of Cumbrian school (1 comment)
- Your pond life is no match to majesty of our lakes (2 comments)
- Carlisle 'bypass' cutting congestion through city (17 comments)
- Luxury apartments plan in Cumbrian village (3 comments)
- Quarter of small Cumbrian businesses optimistic (2 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Boss of Cumbrian takeaway admits breaking immigration law
- Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Anger as new homes approved despite 300 objections (42 comments)
- Public inquiry into plans for west Cumbria nuclear waste dump (12 comments)
- Athletics coach killed himself after child sex arrest
- Threatened Carlisle clothes shop saved from closure
- Hope buyer can be found for Carlisle pub (7 comments)
- National restaurant company eyeing Carlisle's Hoopers building (19 comments)
- Couple left son home alone to go on holiday abroad, Carlisle court told
- Carlisle restaurant owners to open city's first juice bar
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (33 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)