North Cumbrian house falls under gaze of Escape to the Country TV cameras
Last updated at 15:12, Friday, 05 October 2012
Selling a house can be a difficult business. But the owner of one home near Hayton has been handed a great chance to drum up interest in his property.
David Gardiner’s house on the Edmond Castle estate is set to appear on the BBC programme Escape to the Country.
The cameras visited his home on Wednesday. The property will appear in an episode focussing on Cumbria.
“They had to inspect three houses in Cumbria for a couple to view and we are one of the houses,” he said.
He is unsure about why his home was singled out for inspection.
A spokeswoman for Freemantle, who produce the series, could also not confirm why.
The property has five bedrooms and three bathrooms but Mr Gardiner, 47, thinks the biggest selling point is its location.
It is set in 10 acres of woodland with two lakes.
“It’s a unique house. There’s no other house in the area that is remotely like it,” he added.
Mr Gardiner has put the property on the market because of his plans to build a new home.
“The aim is not to have a mortgage at 47,” he said.
He is unsure as to when the episode is set to be broadcast.
Mr Gardiner also doesn’t know what the viewing couple’s reaction was to his home. He had to be absent while filming took place so that the house hunters had a surprised reaction to the property.
The home is currently being sold at a guide price of £450,000 through Country and Fine estate agents.
First published at 13:57, Friday, 05 October 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (16 comments)
- Church closed and declared unsafe as parts of ceiling fall down
- Go-ahead to turn former police station into restaurant
- Death of two-year-old Cumbrian boy was accident, says coroner
- First theft in 25 years may mean tighter security at Cumbrian museum
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Community Centre Information
- What's on in Brampton - October
- Bill remembered as the colossus of Haven RL
- Thieves steal cash from car in Brampton
- Estate agent shuts
- Brampton Local History Group
- BRAMPTON CHAMBER CHOIR LANERCOST PRIORY
- Acclaim for Brampton model-maker's latest creation
- Brampton bridge club news