North Cumbria hospitals trust role for leading GP
Last updated at 15:24, Friday, 11 January 2013
One of Cumbria’s most prominent doctors will take up a new role within north Cumbria’s hospital trust.
Dr Peter Weaving has always been vocal in promoting the role of the GP, and has spent six years working with the developing NHS Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and NHS Cumbria.
This week he stepped down from his role as Lead GP for Carlisle for the CCG and deputy clinical chairman to take over a new job.
Working for North Cumbria University Hospitals Trust, Dr Weaving is GP Clinical Director, a role which has been created to help GPs across Carlisle, Eden, Allerdale and Copeland work more closely with hospital clinicians to design and deliver local NHS services.
He will continue to work as a GP at his practice in Brampton.
Ann Farrar, interim chief executive for the hospital trust, said: “I am delighted to welcome Dr Weaving to the trust.
“He brings with him a wealth of knowledge about primary care and this will help enormously as he develops clinical relationships across the health economy,” she added.
The role was introduced after Mrs Farrar saw the benefits of a similar position at Northumbria Healthcare, the trust which is currently in the process of acquiring north Cumbria’s hospitals.
Dr Colin Paterson, a GP at the Brunswick House Surgery in Carlisle, will take on the role as interim GP Lead for Carlisle until a successor is formally elected by general practitioners in the Carlisle area.
First published at 14:33, Friday, 11 January 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site