New affordable homes scheme opens near Carlisle
Last updated at 10:21, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
A new £1.2 million affordable housing scheme has opened in Cumwhinton near Carlisle.
The development in Peter Road provides eight homes for rent for people who have connections with the village or nearby area.
Quentin Gardens has been built by the Two Castles Housing Association and Esh Group working in partnership as Hadrian Development Solutions.
Part-funded by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) with support from Carlisle City Council and Cumbria County Council, the development includes four two-bedroom bungalows and four three-bedroom houses. They have been built using energy-efficient features including photovoltaic panels to help reduce bills.
Rob Brittain, property services director at Two Castles Housing Association, said: “Two Castles is committed to delivering high quality, affordable housing across Cumbria.
“We’re delighted to have worked with our partners on this scheme, which has delivered a fantastic range of quality energy-efficient homes that will benefit local families in the greatest housing need.”
David Halfacre, Chairman of Esh Property Services, said: “These homes are a testimony to the hard work by all who have worked on this project, from the designer to the decorator.
“We wish the residents well as they look forward to Christmas in their new homes.”
First published at 10:20, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Church closed and declared unsafe as parts of ceiling fall down
- Go-ahead to turn former police station into restaurant
- Death of two-year-old Cumbrian boy was accident, says coroner
- First theft in 25 years may mean tighter security at Cumbrian museum
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)