New affordable homes scheme opens near Carlisle
Last updated at 10:21, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
A new £1.2 million affordable housing scheme has opened in Cumwhinton near Carlisle.
The development in Peter Road provides eight homes for rent for people who have connections with the village or nearby area.
Quentin Gardens has been built by the Two Castles Housing Association and Esh Group working in partnership as Hadrian Development Solutions.
Part-funded by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) with support from Carlisle City Council and Cumbria County Council, the development includes four two-bedroom bungalows and four three-bedroom houses. They have been built using energy-efficient features including photovoltaic panels to help reduce bills.
Rob Brittain, property services director at Two Castles Housing Association, said: “Two Castles is committed to delivering high quality, affordable housing across Cumbria.
“We’re delighted to have worked with our partners on this scheme, which has delivered a fantastic range of quality energy-efficient homes that will benefit local families in the greatest housing need.”
David Halfacre, Chairman of Esh Property Services, said: “These homes are a testimony to the hard work by all who have worked on this project, from the designer to the decorator.
“We wish the residents well as they look forward to Christmas in their new homes.”
First published at 10:20, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Ex-champion Cumbrian angler was £45,000 benefits cheat
- Air show drama after Red Devils' parachute collapse
- 'Bored' pensioner performed sex act outside teenage girl's bedroom window
- Strike called off after Tata bosses make new pensions offer
- Cumbrian farmer faces selling up after turbine plan rejected
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- The Cumberland Show 2015: In pictures (2 comments)
- Ten questions Carlisle Utd supporters want answered (59 comments)
- Tributes flood in for murdered Carlisle schoolboy Jordan Watson (50 comments)