Man charged after mini-bus crash in Carlisle
Last updated at 15:08, Friday, 24 February 2012
A man has been charged with drink-driving after a minibus carrying 11 passengers crashed through a garden wall on a busy Carlisle road.
Suk Punmagar, 55, of Delagoa Street, near London Road, is due to appear before city magistrates on March 6.
It follows a collision on Saturday evening when a white 16-seater LDV minibus demolished a brick wall and metal fence before ending up in a front garden.
An elderly woman on the bus was taken to the city’s Cumberland Infirmary with a minor head injury.
Neither the driver nor any of his passengers, who included small children, suffered serious injuries.
First published at 14:09, Friday, 24 February 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Vandals wreak havoc after breaking into school building
- Energy minister hints at cash for transport improvements in west Cumbria
- Councillors banned from talking to press for 'own protection'
- Prison term for banned driver who led Cumbria police on 25-mile chase
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Driver's anger at parking charge - after buying ticket on Carlisle car park (21 comments)
- Carnival fun in the sun at Silloth
- Girl, 17, about to have first driving lesson airlifted to hospital after crash
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Future of Cumbrian care home still in doubt after damning report