Man charged after mini-bus crash in Carlisle
Last updated at 15:08, Friday, 24 February 2012
A man has been charged with drink-driving after a minibus carrying 11 passengers crashed through a garden wall on a busy Carlisle road.
Suk Punmagar, 55, of Delagoa Street, near London Road, is due to appear before city magistrates on March 6.
It follows a collision on Saturday evening when a white 16-seater LDV minibus demolished a brick wall and metal fence before ending up in a front garden.
An elderly woman on the bus was taken to the city’s Cumberland Infirmary with a minor head injury.
Neither the driver nor any of his passengers, who included small children, suffered serious injuries.
First published at 14:09, Friday, 24 February 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- BMX teens doing stunts on roof of Cumbrian school (1 comment)
- Your pond life is no match to majesty of our lakes (2 comments)
- Carlisle 'bypass' cutting congestion through city (17 comments)
- Luxury apartments plan in Cumbrian village (3 comments)
- Quarter of small Cumbrian businesses optimistic (2 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Boss of Cumbrian takeaway admits breaking immigration law
- Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Anger as new homes approved despite 300 objections (41 comments)
- Public inquiry into plans for west Cumbria nuclear waste dump (12 comments)
- Athletics coach killed himself after child sex arrest
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (32 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)