Man charged after mini-bus crash in Carlisle
Last updated at 15:08, Friday, 24 February 2012
A man has been charged with drink-driving after a minibus carrying 11 passengers crashed through a garden wall on a busy Carlisle road.
Suk Punmagar, 55, of Delagoa Street, near London Road, is due to appear before city magistrates on March 6.
It follows a collision on Saturday evening when a white 16-seater LDV minibus demolished a brick wall and metal fence before ending up in a front garden.
An elderly woman on the bus was taken to the city’s Cumberland Infirmary with a minor head injury.
Neither the driver nor any of his passengers, who included small children, suffered serious injuries.
First published at 14:09, Friday, 24 February 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Church closed and declared unsafe as parts of ceiling fall down
- Go-ahead to turn former police station into restaurant
- Death of two-year-old Cumbrian boy was accident, says coroner
- First theft in 25 years may mean tighter security at Cumbrian museum
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Faith in the old ways of healing
- Carlisle Utd boss not surprised if Blues have to fend off bids for Jabo Ibehre
- Family's appeal for help to adapt house for disabled daughter
- Future of Cumbrian care home still in doubt after damning report