Man charged after mini-bus crash in Carlisle
Last updated at 15:08, Friday, 24 February 2012
A man has been charged with drink-driving after a minibus carrying 11 passengers crashed through a garden wall on a busy Carlisle road.
Suk Punmagar, 55, of Delagoa Street, near London Road, is due to appear before city magistrates on March 6.
It follows a collision on Saturday evening when a white 16-seater LDV minibus demolished a brick wall and metal fence before ending up in a front garden.
An elderly woman on the bus was taken to the city’s Cumberland Infirmary with a minor head injury.
Neither the driver nor any of his passengers, who included small children, suffered serious injuries.
First published at 14:09, Friday, 24 February 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Cumbrian ex-soldier accused of gun-running to stand trial in India
- The fight’s not over despite eviction, vows ranch row man
- Billionaire owner aiming to turn Cumbrian brewer into global brand
- Campaign launched to save Cumbrian town's last bank
- Carlisle Utd new recruit aiming to make up for lost time
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (3 comments)