Live music and theatre at Stepping Stones festival
Last updated at 08:11, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
The fun of live music and theatre has been shared with a new generation as part of a north Cumbrian festival.
Stepping Stones was staged in the magnificent surroundings of Kirklinton Hall, between Longtown and Brampton, at the weekend.
Headlined by Maddy Prior and her legendary folk band Steeleye Span, the event was hailed a great success, attracting big audiences.
And it wasn’t just in the festival ground that the event’s presence was felt.
Children at nearby Fir Ends School, in Smithfield, got in on the action too.
Ahead of Friday night’s launch, they were visited by the a team from the Krazy Kat Theatre Company who treated the youngsters to their version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
First published at 08:10, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (27 comments)