Live music and theatre at Stepping Stones festival
Last updated at 08:11, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
The fun of live music and theatre has been shared with a new generation as part of a north Cumbrian festival.
Stepping Stones was staged in the magnificent surroundings of Kirklinton Hall, between Longtown and Brampton, at the weekend.
Headlined by Maddy Prior and her legendary folk band Steeleye Span, the event was hailed a great success, attracting big audiences.
And it wasn’t just in the festival ground that the event’s presence was felt.
Children at nearby Fir Ends School, in Smithfield, got in on the action too.
Ahead of Friday night’s launch, they were visited by the a team from the Krazy Kat Theatre Company who treated the youngsters to their version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
First published at 08:10, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Cumbrian ex-soldier accused of gun-running to stand trial in India
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Billionaire owner aiming to turn Cumbrian brewer into global brand
- Cumbrian TV star Helen Skelton and family moving to France
- Perfect weather for 'fabulous' Penrith Show - secretary