Live music and theatre at Stepping Stones festival
Last updated at 08:11, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
The fun of live music and theatre has been shared with a new generation as part of a north Cumbrian festival.
Stepping Stones was staged in the magnificent surroundings of Kirklinton Hall, between Longtown and Brampton, at the weekend.
Headlined by Maddy Prior and her legendary folk band Steeleye Span, the event was hailed a great success, attracting big audiences.
And it wasn’t just in the festival ground that the event’s presence was felt.
Children at nearby Fir Ends School, in Smithfield, got in on the action too.
Ahead of Friday night’s launch, they were visited by the a team from the Krazy Kat Theatre Company who treated the youngsters to their version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
First published at 08:10, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Pub of year prize for Cumbrian landlord after just two years at helm (3 comments)
- Paediatrician and world record speed-walker dies suddenly at 47
- Father died trying to rescue daughter from river
- Cumbrian donors help to unlock door to our ancestors’ bloodlines
- Still more to come as nine join Carlisle United