Hunt for missing Carlisle man continues
Last updated at 15:45, Friday, 30 November 2012
Underwater search teams were continuing the hunt yesterday for a fisherman who has been missing for two weeks.
Police were scouring the banks of the river Eden in Carlisle and north Cumbria as the operation continued to try to find Robert Heaton, 41.
Mr Heaton has not been seen since November 16 when he left his home in Belah Road, Belah, Carlisle.
His family later confirmed that a fishing rod and baseball cap found close to the river Eden on Etterby Scaur belonged to him.
A police spokeswoman said: “We are still appealing for any positive sightings of Mr Heaton. We can’t rule out the fact he may just have got up and left his fishing equipment on the river bank and walked off.”
Mountain rescue teams, and an RAF helicopter have all been involved in the search. Mr Heaton, a father-of-two, is described as being of stocky build, 5ft 9in tall, with short, dark brown hair.
He has tattoos on the inside of both lower arms and was last seen wearing a grey hoodie, dark tracksuit bottoms with stripes and brown working boots.
Anyone with information can call police on 101.
First published at 15:44, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Church closed and declared unsafe as parts of ceiling fall down
- Go-ahead to turn former police station into restaurant
- Death of two-year-old Cumbrian boy was accident, says coroner
- First theft in 25 years may mean tighter security at Cumbrian museum
- Carlisle Utd boss not surprised if Blues have to fend off bids for Jabo Ibehre
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Saved Silloth Carnival ready to entertain
- New city centre vicar looking forward to a cultural journey
- Brothers are first people to swim entire length of River Eden
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)