Hunt for missing Carlisle man continues
Last updated at 15:45, Friday, 30 November 2012
Underwater search teams were continuing the hunt yesterday for a fisherman who has been missing for two weeks.
Police were scouring the banks of the river Eden in Carlisle and north Cumbria as the operation continued to try to find Robert Heaton, 41.
Mr Heaton has not been seen since November 16 when he left his home in Belah Road, Belah, Carlisle.
His family later confirmed that a fishing rod and baseball cap found close to the river Eden on Etterby Scaur belonged to him.
A police spokeswoman said: “We are still appealing for any positive sightings of Mr Heaton. We can’t rule out the fact he may just have got up and left his fishing equipment on the river bank and walked off.”
Mountain rescue teams, and an RAF helicopter have all been involved in the search. Mr Heaton, a father-of-two, is described as being of stocky build, 5ft 9in tall, with short, dark brown hair.
He has tattoos on the inside of both lower arms and was last seen wearing a grey hoodie, dark tracksuit bottoms with stripes and brown working boots.
Anyone with information can call police on 101.
First published at 15:44, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (26 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (32 comments)