Householders urged to report emergency cold callers
Published at 14:22, Thursday, 13 February 2014
Householders affected by severe weather are being warned to be on their guard against cold callers.
Cumbria Trading Standards say that callers may get in touch with residents and offer to carry out emergency work.
Cold callers can often use persuasive tactics to get people to agree to have work done.
Anyone having difficulty in finding a reputable tradesman should visit Trading Standards’ ‘Buy With Confidence’ website at buywithconfidence.gov.uk/sitepages/bwchome.aspx.
If you are approached or contact by a cold caller then report it to Cumbria Police on 101 or the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 040506.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (17 comments)
- Church closed and declared unsafe as parts of ceiling fall down
- Go-ahead to turn former police station into restaurant
- Death of two-year-old Cumbrian boy was accident, says coroner
- First theft in 25 years may mean tighter security at Cumbrian museum
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)