Householders urged to report emergency cold callers
Published at 14:22, Thursday, 13 February 2014
Householders affected by severe weather are being warned to be on their guard against cold callers.
Cumbria Trading Standards say that callers may get in touch with residents and offer to carry out emergency work.
Cold callers can often use persuasive tactics to get people to agree to have work done.
Anyone having difficulty in finding a reputable tradesman should visit Trading Standards’ ‘Buy With Confidence’ website at buywithconfidence.gov.uk/sitepages/bwchome.aspx.
If you are approached or contact by a cold caller then report it to Cumbria Police on 101 or the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 040506.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (66 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (3 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)