Frances and family jetting off to the sun
Last updated at 15:16, Friday, 02 November 2012
A competition winner is looking forward to getting her and her family some much-needed sun after a cold month.
Frances Teague, 48, will be jetting off to the Algarve in Portugal after winning The Cumberland News’ October Getaway competition.
Every week in October we offered readers the chance to win a pair of flights to a destination in Europe of their choice.
Mrs Teague, of Lismore Place, near Carlisle city centre, will be taking her husband Paul and three children to the sun-drenched holiday resort but says she didn’t think she would win.
She said: “It’s just a fantastic competition but winning was very unexpected.
“We’re looking forward to getting a bit of sunshine and getting away from the winter.
“It suits us down to the ground.”
There were three winners of the October Getaway competition and fellow winners Barbara Proud, from Frizington, and J Rodgers will be joining Mrs Teague in flying to destinations of their choice.
The winner of a competition to win flights to New York will be announced today, and readers will next week be able to win a share of £300 to spend at Tesco’s Metro store.
First published at 15:04, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Hopes of reviving Cumbria Day (3 comments)
- £4.8m Star of Caledonia artwork to be unveiled - in miniature (6 comments)
- Report urges Cumbria to seek stronger links with Scotland (14 comments)
- Don’t look here for fracking desolation, Lord Howell (2 comments)
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (3 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (25 comments)