Frances and family jetting off to the sun
Last updated at 15:16, Friday, 02 November 2012
A competition winner is looking forward to getting her and her family some much-needed sun after a cold month.
Frances Teague, 48, will be jetting off to the Algarve in Portugal after winning The Cumberland News’ October Getaway competition.
Every week in October we offered readers the chance to win a pair of flights to a destination in Europe of their choice.
Mrs Teague, of Lismore Place, near Carlisle city centre, will be taking her husband Paul and three children to the sun-drenched holiday resort but says she didn’t think she would win.
She said: “It’s just a fantastic competition but winning was very unexpected.
“We’re looking forward to getting a bit of sunshine and getting away from the winter.
“It suits us down to the ground.”
There were three winners of the October Getaway competition and fellow winners Barbara Proud, from Frizington, and J Rodgers will be joining Mrs Teague in flying to destinations of their choice.
The winner of a competition to win flights to New York will be announced today, and readers will next week be able to win a share of £300 to spend at Tesco’s Metro store.
First published at 15:04, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Vandals wreak havoc after breaking into school building
- Energy minister hints at cash for transport improvements in west Cumbria (2 comments)
- Councillors banned from talking to press for 'own protection' (9 comments)
- Prison term for banned driver who led Cumbria police on 25-mile chase
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Stagecoach cuts prices on bus journeys in Carlisle
- New owner for Carlisle's Stepping Stones Nursery
- Two former north Cumbrian pubs to be sold at auction
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Driver's anger at parking charge - after buying ticket on Carlisle car park (25 comments)