Frances and family jetting off to the sun
Last updated at 15:16, Friday, 02 November 2012
A competition winner is looking forward to getting her and her family some much-needed sun after a cold month.
Frances Teague, 48, will be jetting off to the Algarve in Portugal after winning The Cumberland News’ October Getaway competition.
Every week in October we offered readers the chance to win a pair of flights to a destination in Europe of their choice.
Mrs Teague, of Lismore Place, near Carlisle city centre, will be taking her husband Paul and three children to the sun-drenched holiday resort but says she didn’t think she would win.
She said: “It’s just a fantastic competition but winning was very unexpected.
“We’re looking forward to getting a bit of sunshine and getting away from the winter.
“It suits us down to the ground.”
There were three winners of the October Getaway competition and fellow winners Barbara Proud, from Frizington, and J Rodgers will be joining Mrs Teague in flying to destinations of their choice.
The winner of a competition to win flights to New York will be announced today, and readers will next week be able to win a share of £300 to spend at Tesco’s Metro store.
First published at 15:04, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Brave Cumbrian woman plans her bucket list
- Cumbrian graduate is making some NOISE in House of Commons
- Director wants help to film horror movie in north Cumbria
- Carlisle man refused benefits - for the sake of £3 NI shortfall
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)