Five men and woman in Cumbrian court over club boss attack
Published at 13:27, Friday, 02 November 2012
SIX people have appeared in court charged with affray following an incident in which a Carlisle nightclub boss was seriously hurt.
The six – five men and one woman – appeared together at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court. They are: Sean Carruthers, 30, of Sunnymeade, Carlisle; Joshua John O’Neil, 22, of Sandpiper Drive, Peterborough; Jodie Patricia O’Neil, 29, of Eldon House, Orchard Lane, Southampton; Lee O’Neil, 30, of Sandpiper Drive, Peterborough; Ricky Anthony O’Neil, 26, of St Bernard House, Bernard Street, Southampton and Connor O’Neil, 20, of Kingmoor Road, Carlisle.
The six are accused of using or threatening unlawful violence towards Concrete manager Tim Ip and that their conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.
The affray is alleged to have happened on June 7 in Lowther Arcade, Carlisle.
The six spoke only to confirm their names, ages and addresses and did not enter any pleas in front of District Judge Rod Ross.
The overall case was adjourned until January 3 for committal to the crown court.
A seventh man – Thomas Martin Tweedy Hill, 21, of Flower Street, Carlisle – is also charged with affray and was due to appear in court today..
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (27 comments)