Five men and woman in Cumbrian court over club boss attack
Published at 13:27, Friday, 02 November 2012
SIX people have appeared in court charged with affray following an incident in which a Carlisle nightclub boss was seriously hurt.
The six – five men and one woman – appeared together at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court. They are: Sean Carruthers, 30, of Sunnymeade, Carlisle; Joshua John O’Neil, 22, of Sandpiper Drive, Peterborough; Jodie Patricia O’Neil, 29, of Eldon House, Orchard Lane, Southampton; Lee O’Neil, 30, of Sandpiper Drive, Peterborough; Ricky Anthony O’Neil, 26, of St Bernard House, Bernard Street, Southampton and Connor O’Neil, 20, of Kingmoor Road, Carlisle.
The six are accused of using or threatening unlawful violence towards Concrete manager Tim Ip and that their conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.
The affray is alleged to have happened on June 7 in Lowther Arcade, Carlisle.
The six spoke only to confirm their names, ages and addresses and did not enter any pleas in front of District Judge Rod Ross.
The overall case was adjourned until January 3 for committal to the crown court.
A seventh man – Thomas Martin Tweedy Hill, 21, of Flower Street, Carlisle – is also charged with affray and was due to appear in court today..
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Vandals wreak havoc after breaking into school building
- Energy minister hints at cash for transport improvements in west Cumbria (2 comments)
- Councillors banned from talking to press for 'own protection' (9 comments)
- Prison term for banned driver who led Cumbria police on 25-mile chase
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- New owner for Carlisle's Stepping Stones Nursery
- Two former north Cumbrian pubs to be sold at auction
- Driver's anger at parking charge - after buying ticket on Carlisle car park (25 comments)
- Former Spitfire pilot takes to the skies again - aged 94
- Carlisle Utd decline to comment on Pattison Twitter gaffe
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (4 comments)