Film will be shot in Carlisle despite funding blow
Last updated at 15:56, Thursday, 05 April 2012
A short independent film will be shot in Carlisle, despite losing its backer.
Alan Scott, of Soundzshop Media, wrote One More Day and filming was originally to have taken place last November, production had to be postponed after the film’s backer pulled out at the “eleventh hour”.
Mr Scott, a videographer who lives in Upperby Court, Carlisle, said: “We had to postpone, but then a professional actor involved, Tony Goodall, from Harrogate, asked me if I would be prepared to do the film if he waived his fee.
“Everyone involved has now waived their fee, although there are some expenses involved still so it is not cost-free.”
Mr Scott, 62, worked for various television companies over the years, but is now “semi-retired”.
“I can’t leave it alone,” he admitted. “I do about two or three short films a year. It’s fun but it is costly as well.”
The story is a romance, based around the life of Tim, an elderly man with a heart condition. Mr Scott described it as a “touching love story”.
Carlisle actress Jen Ellin will co-star alongside Mr Goodall, and the 20-minute film will be filmed in its entirety on Sunday April 15 at Upperby Park.
Mr Scott is still looking for about 12 people to act as extras in a cafe scene.
Mr Scott plans to take One More Day to various film festivals around the world, from San Francisco to Berlin.
For more information visit soundzshop-media.co.uk
First published at 14:22, Thursday, 05 April 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Hopes of reviving Cumbria Day (3 comments)
- £4.8m Star of Caledonia artwork to be unveiled - in miniature (6 comments)
- Report urges Cumbria to seek stronger links with Scotland (14 comments)
- Don’t look here for fracking desolation, Lord Howell (2 comments)
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with